Starting tomorrow, Thursday, June 22, 2011, Shaw’s is implementing some changes to its corporate coupon policy which you can find HERE.
*Shaw’s will only accept 4 “like’ coupons (it used to be 6). To me the difference between 4 and 6 “like” coupons is so tiny why make such a big deal and modify the policy?
*There is new language stating that you cannot separate transactions in order to circumvent coupon policies, i.e., do multiple transactions. I imagine this will be very difficult to enforce and clearly written to address the “like” coupon useage above. But really, what’s the big deal in using more than 4 “like” coupons anyway? Will the manufacturer not reimburse or something? Now clearly if someone is going in with 40 “like coupons it may be a little ridiculous but even 6 seems perfectly appropriate to me.
*There is new language about coupon useage on a Buy One, Get One Free (BOGO) sale. You can’t use a coupon for the free item on a BOGO sale. It does seem to indicate you CAN use a $1/2 coupon on a BOGO sale so I have no complaints.
Other than this, the policy is pretty much the same. Shaw’s has made it a bit difficult to shop using coupons for some time, so I have been shopping a lot less at this store. I’m sure they miss me. Stop & Shop, Price Chopper – even Walmart – make it easier to to business so I’ve been shopping at these stores more.
I was at Shaw’s just the other day and questioned why one of my coupons did not double. I was wondering if there had been a secret change in their coupon policy. The young lady actually said to me that she’s been working there for 3 years, and they NEVER double coupons. Huh, I say? I’ve been shopping at Shaw’s a lot longer than that sista, and Shaw’s has always doubled coupons. I just found that so odd, and it reminded me how frustrating it can be when the employees are unaware of their own policies.
Here is the policy in its entirety. I find it is always a good idea to print out a store’s coupon policy and bring it with you when you shop.
**We Reserve the Right to Change our Coupon Policy Without Notice. A portion of our coupon policy does differ by State due to varying state regulations. Our coupon policy in it’s entirety can be found posted at every register and at the service desk. Below are the standard coupon procedures for all stores.**
- Competitor coupons are not accepted with the exception of valid Catalina manufacturer coupons and ‘manufacturer’ must be stated on the coupon. Competitor Catalina store coupons are not accepted.
- Coupon amount may be reduced so that any combined discounts and coupons (including doubling) do not exceed the value of the item.
- One store coupon and one valid manufacturer coupon may be applied to an item.
- **New** ONE manufacturer BOGO coupon, ONE manufacturer “buy 2 get $$ off” coupon, or ONE “buy 1 and get $$ off” may be accepted per BOGO offer. No other coupons accepted for free or BOGO items.
- Coupon must have a valid scanable barcode and a valid date to be accepted.
- **New** Transactions may not be separated for the purpose of circumventing coupon policies.
- Shaw’s reserves the right to limit quantities.
- Photo copied, altered and/or fraudulent coupons will not be accepted.Doubling of Manufacturer Coupons:
- Shaw’s doubles valid manufacturers’ coupons that have a face a value up to 99¢. Coupons with a face value over 99¢ are redeemed at face value only.
- Coupons that state “do not double” or “free” will not be doubled.
- *New* No more than FOUR “like” (same UPC) coupons will be doubled per customer, per day. Any additional coupon(s) may be accepted at face value (not doubled) based upon product availability.
- Manufacturers’ Internet Coupons follow the same policies stated above along with the following restrictions: Coupons must be printed from a computer printer (no copies) and must scan. Manufacturer internet coupons for free product (including buy one/get one free) or that have a value greater than $4.99 are NOT accepted.
- Shaw’s Internet Coupons are accepted with some restrictions. All coupon requirements must be met. The coupons must state “Shaw’s” and be printed from a computer printer (no copies). Unless otherwise stated, limit ONE coupon of each type per customer per day. Shaw’s Internet Coupons will not exceed $10, will not be doubled and cannot exceed the value of the item(s) purchased.
Thanks to Maven of Savin’ for the tip on the changes!